Friday, September 30, 2011

WARNING: Kinda a down vent post...

I really need to vent out sometimes...(if anyone don't like sad and stuff like that posts then don't read any further)
i don't want to offend anyone.

Right now lately I've been feeling left out of conversations around hearing people and my family. Most of the time my family sometimes forget to sign when Ben n i are around and i hate it. before i don't care but now i'm starting to realize that it's hard being deaf.
And most of the people we're around- only few know sign language.
most of my deaf friends either live in different state or live too far, and most of the time they're busy. I rly wish i can move to where there are more deaf people around.

I'm thankful about being deaf sometimes of course but I'm human after all. I hate/love being deaf.

My siblings went to watch Courageous this afternoon w/ friends. (Courageous came out in theaters today) and i was unable to join them because it wasn't being shown w/ CC. That's one of the problems that i really dislike. Most of the time when i want to watch a movie in the theaters w/ friends or w/ my family i can't cuz they don't always have plenty of times w/ CC. Only sometimes show once.

also after they watched the movie, they had friends over to play games and i joined in playing 1 game of 4 on the Couch but it wasn't fun because my sisters keep forgetting to sign (i'm not totally mad at them tho) and i really feel left out so i just stayed in my room and did random stuff. i really wish i already have a laptop but i guess i need to work hard on losing weight (which isn't going well :P)

well i gotta go.

till next time
-hannah

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

Oh Hannah, I wish I could give you a big hug! Accept an internet hug from me, okay? I have often thought that living with the communication problems that come with deafness has got to be hard. I don't pretend to fully understand what you have to deal with, but I think Jesus knows exactly how you feel.

I think Jesus' life must have been a lonely, and sometimes frustrating one. He didn't have barriers to communication, but he did know the isolation of not having anyone who really understood and sympathized with him. Jesus was fully God, but he was also fully man, and he experienced the same emotions that we do, although he didn't respond to his feelings in a sinful way. He must have longed for a friend who shared his love of the Father, his passion for prayer and his dedication to the beauty of holiness. To live in a world where everyone either hates God, or is comfortable with sin and un-enthusiastic about the things of God - no wonder the Bible calls him "a man of sorrows and familiar with grief"!

It must have been frustrating when even his disciples didn't understand or seem to learn very much. Remember when a man brought his son to the disciples, and they couldn't help him? "You unbelieving and perverse generation,” Jesus replied, “how long shall I stay with you and put up with you?"

His circumstances were different, but I think Jesus fully understands your feelings. I am always amazed and comforted by how many of my daily struggles Jesus experienced in some (usually greater) way. I hope you will be encouraged and comforted to know that not only does he wholeheartedly love you, he also fully understands and sympathises with you in your hardships (Heb 4:15).

Sorry to be so long (I hope it makes sense!). I just wanted to remind you that there is Someone who knows.

Love to you! Gretchen